top of page
Search

About Twitch and its Users in Saudi Arabia

About Twitch and its Users in Saudi Arabia
Articles - Digital Marketing

Twitch is a popular online service used to watch and stream digital video broadcasts. It originally focused almost entirely on video games but has since expanded to include streams dedicated to artwork creation, music, talk shows, and the occasional TV series.
Twitch began gaining popularity in the Kingdom in 2017.


How Popular is Twitch?
Twitch was purchased by Amazon in 2014 and it remains one of the highest sources of internet traffic. Thousands of users earn money through the Twitch Partner program, a service that provides streamers with added features such as paid subscriptions and ad placements.

Key Twitch Statistics (2022) at a Glance

- As of March 2022, twitch has 140 million unique visits each month.
- 72% of Twitch users are between the ages of 16 – 34.
- Over 100 million people have downloaded the Twitch app.
- Twitch has 8.5 million monthly active streamers.
- Men account for 65% and females for the remaining 35% of Twitch viewers.
- League of Legends is the most-watched title on Twitch, with 48.1 billion view hours accumulated through video game streaming.
- Riot Games has the most followers on the platform, with over 6.3 million followers.
Twitch Users in Saudi Arabia
To better understand Twitch users in Saudi Arabia, consider the fact that 87.6% are in the 18-24 age group, 80.8% are male and STC being the leading carrier.

Saudi Gaming Market Facts
- KSA is the 19th biggest gaming market in the world.
- There are more than 21.1 million gamers in the Kingdom.


This article is collected from: Brad Stephenson, Rahaf Jambi, Daniel Ruby and Start.io
Published: October 14, 2022, October 3, 2021, November 8, 2022 and Not Identified
Link to Article: LifeWire, Arab News, Demand Sage and Start.io


16 views0 comments

Opmerkingen


bottom of page